Unconditional Love
Something is wrong, I feel it, I do,
A fear like this is ever so new.
I am new life, just begun,
Someone save me before it is done.
The woman sobs into her hand
"It is better for both"
Her sad steps echo along the sand.
"It's all well woman" says the nurse
"it is just a growth"
The woman walks inside,
Telling herself it will be alright.
"Oh no!" I cry,
Something will happen,
I will die.
The woman is crying, sobbing now.
"Will I not care? How ?! How?"
She wonders and cries,
Holding her baby the very last time.
The woman stops crying and looks to the nurse,
"STOP!" She yells, afraid none will hear.
The nurse is surprised, her lips were pursed.
"I love my baby dear! More than myself! If he is tissue then, I am too! I love my baby, I really do."
The fear has stopped
I curl up inside mother,
My eyelids to drop.
"It will be hard maybe,
But I will sacrifice for my baby."
The woman walks out, a mother now.
And the nurse stood there,
Wondering, how?
No comments:
Post a Comment